In days gone by when brick and mortar casinos were the only gambling institutions around, players who did visit the casinos knew that during their gaming sessions, they would be treated to some sweet biscuits, cocktails or at times, even barbecued steak!
In modern times, players who visit land based casinos can expect the same more so when they choose to play in private suites and VIP lounges. However, those who prefer to play in the comfort of their own homes via online casinos do miss out on the freebie foodies. Well, to compensate for that, online casinos do offer some bonuses one of which includes no deposit bonuses. With these bonuses, players can win wagering cash or even real cash that they can in turn use to purchase the same biscuits, cocktails and barbecued steak enjoyed by their counterparts playing in land based casinos.
In this article, we are going to pay particular focus on the no deposit bonus looking at what it is, how it can be claimed, as well as how it works.
What are no deposit bonuses?
The name of this bonus does to a large extent expose what the bonus is all about. No deposit bonuses as players can probably deduce from the title are bonuses which are availed to players when they have not made any deposits. No deposit bonuses therefore are very much different from many other casino bonuses as the majority of casino bonuses require the player to deposit some funds first before they can be claimed.
Due to their nature, no deposit bonuses largely are offered as part of the welcome package. What this means is that players who can take advantage of no deposit bonuses are those players looking to join a no deposit casino for the very first time. As soon as players join a no deposit casino, they will have their accounts credited with the no deposit bonus offer.
No deposit bonuses come in different forms. The three main forms are as follows:
- Free Cash: No deposit bonuses may come in the form of free cash. When this is the case, an online casino will avail a certain predetermined figure to the player. The awarded amount can only be used as wagering cash that is, can only be used to play casino games in the lobby and not to be withdrawn immediately. The awarded free cash can only be withdrawn after the player has satisfied the wagering/playthough requirements set by the casino.
- Free Spins: No deposit bonuses at times may come in the form of free spins. The casino will simply award a certain number of free spins to the player. The player can then use the free spins to wager on selected games/any game in the lobby depending on the stipulations set by the casino.
- Free Bets: Free bets are largely offered as no deposit bonuses by casinos that offer sports betting services. With free bets, players are able to place their wagers free of charge. Free bets may be sport/league specific or they may be open to use on any sport/league the punter wishes.
How to Claim No Deposit Bonuses
No deposit bonuses are generally the easiest of all bonuses to claim. With most online casinos, no deposit bonuses are awarded as soon as the player finishes registering a new account. However, some other casinos may require the player to input a bonus code in order to claim the no deposit bonus. When this is the case, the player will need to check the no deposit bonus code on the Promotions page of the casino he wants to settle at.
- Are no deposit bonus codes legit?
Yes, no deposit bonus codes are legit. However, it’s important for players to bear in mind that settling at a reputable, safe and genuine casino is the first important step to take.
- Do big and reputable online casinos offer no deposit bonuses?
Big and reputable online casinos are now joining the bandwagon of casinos that offer no deposit bonuses. This marks a difference from the yester year trend where the no deposit bonuses were only offered by emerging casinos looking to gain mileage in the industry.
- What are the common forms of no deposit bonuses?
The common forms of no deposit casinos are free cash, free spins and free bets.